Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

New Year, New Plans

As the first month of the new year begins, I am reminded of how quickly time passes. Planning ahead is one of my major efforts to better capture special observances and opportunities for community partnerships for the last half of the school year.  Here are the events and dates on my radar as I plan for library units, lessons, speakers, etc.  

What are you looking forward to celebrating and what do you do? Comment below!

January

MLK, Jr. Day - January 16



Lunar New Year - January 22


Crayola Creativity Week - January 23-29



ALA Youth Media Awards - January 30


February

World Read Aloud Day - February 2



Black History Month 

(Coretta Scott King Literature Connections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Less toxic masculinity, more community support

Ultraviolet by Aida Salazar is already one of my favorite books of 2024. When I was entering middle school, I read a lot of Judy Blume and...